Wednesday 2 March 2011

Like a Rabbit Caught in the Headlights

Today Poppette and I learnt a new nursery rhyme:-

Les Cinq Petits Cochons (The Five Little Pigs)

Cinq petits cochons tout roses et tout ronds
Celui-ci reste à la maison
Celui-ci va faire le marché
Celui-ci mange tout
Celui-ci ne dit rien
Et celui-ci pleure tout le long du chemin.
Guiliguili!

This is another rhyme so close to the English version I grew up with that it has easily cemented into my head.

Today at playgroup Incy Wincy Spider was sung in both English and Spanish. I could have piped up with the French version given that it trips off my tongue hundreds of times a day when Popette and I are alone. But...... I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I kept quiet and no-one knew my little secret - that I am the Araignée Gypsie Queen.

Maybe next time.

1 comment: