Wednesday 20 June 2012

Tête, Nez, Bouche (Head, Nose, Mouth)

Oh how the language of a child can make you smile :D

Poppette has recently come out with another self made classic. ''Tête, Nez, Bouche'' (Head, Nose, Mouth). She says this whenever there's a chance she might fall and hurt herself.

It's brilliant. It encapsulates all the advice I have given her about being careful and all the slips, trips and falls she has had of late into one neat little phrase.

This cute little phrase came about through Poppette's love to climb. She's a fearless little girl. I find myself always saying ''Fais attention à ta tête'' (watch out for your head) because she is always banging it on something. So she had begun to say, in advance of attempting any one of her heroic climbs, ''Tête'' to let me know that she knew that she needed to be careful.

Then last week, she fell off the bed and banged her nose.

''Tête'' became ''Tête, Nez'' (Head, Nose). That was cute enough.

But then she fell again and... you guessed it, she banged her mouth.

So... ''Tête, Nez, Bouche'' it is.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of a song my friend made up which is a literal translation of the English Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. She sings tete, epaules, genoux et pieds, genoux et pieds.... I think you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete